[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Setup mailing list
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Setup mailing list
- From: simon_(_dot_)_peres_(_at_)_gmx_(_dot_)_net
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:03:58 +0200 (MEST)
I want to setup a mailing list on my OpenBSD 3.0 (i386) machine and after
reading dozens of documents on this problem there still are a few questions
left and maybe a few people on the list can give me a hint where to find the
answers. The most important I found was the "Mailing list management
software FAQ" (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/list-admin/software-faq/).
My OpenBSD machine is almost one year old, e-mail is hardly used so making
changes should not be a problem. It mainly runs as a webserver. I have the
files of Majordomo lying around unused when I attempted to install it a few
months ago, but then no time. Now this is the second attempt.
Anyway, the goals and requirements are:
- Approx. 20-100 subscribers (low volume/load)
- Web interface for message archive (administration would also be fine)
- Easy to configure and install
- Daemon or not - does not matter
I am currently using sendmail, but I could change that if it is required.
And then I will setup IMAP. Can someone share his/her experience? Hints,
Thank you very much,
GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
Visit your host, monkey.org