Re: several crashes with -current

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Sebastian Stark wrote:

> Nick Nauwelaerts wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:03:44 +0200
> > Sebastian Stark <seb_(_at_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de> wrote:
> >
> > > What is the problem now?
> > >
> > > ddb> x
> > > _udp_check_ipsec+0x95: 20640f6
> >
> > This should have been fixed in -current from a few days ago. It has
> > something to do with the UDP kernel handler. Look on tech@ about crashes
> > with dhcp, it's all explained there.
>
> This is a good example where looking closer at the mailinglists (I
> didn't try tech@) would have saved me from a lot of hassle, worry and
> dirt all over my fingers. And repetetive strain injury from writing down
> this shit.

A rule of thumb to follow if you are tracking -current is to subscribe to
the tech@ mailing list.  Remember there are NO guarantee's that -current
will run properly.  Reading through the CVS logs you will find more than a
few entries of changes being backed out for various reasons.

Visit your host, monkey.org