Re: RTL8139 Cardbus

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 12:00, tedu wrote:
[...]
> You're on your own, but I'll give you some hints.
> http://www.squish.net/pipermail/odc/2002-June/002429.html
> contains all the files changed.  Search through for RealTek.  I then use
> the cvsweb interface to look at the other changes since 3.0 to make sure
> nothing sounds dangerous.  Update those few files in your src tree and
> recompile.  Some files, like GENERIC, you'll need to hand patch, since
> the other drivers added will cause trouble if they aren't in your source
> tree too.  I've had good luck with that procedure, on the few occasions
> I wanted a newer driver, but don't complain if it doesn't work for you.
> No warranty! :)

Oo, thank-you. That will save me a lot of time. I shall report back.

If by some miracle I get it all working, is this the kind of thing that
warrants a patch sent somewhere for consideration of inclusion into the
3.0 kernel as a known working driver, or is the kernel now considered
frozen and only bigfixes are accepted?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Why should we put ourselves out of our way to
|  dg_(_at_)_cowlark_(_dot_)_com    | serve posterity? For what has posterity ever done
| (dg_(_at_)_tao-group_(_dot_)_com) | for us?" --- Sir Boyle Roche
+- www.cowlark.com --+

[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]