Re: RTL8139 Cardbus

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 14:42, David Rio wrote:
> On 4 Jul 2002, David Given wrote:
>
> > I recently bought a PCMCIA ethernet card, only to discover that it
> > wasn't supported by OpenBSD 3.0.
>
> Check this thread: Conceptronic SP100TCL pcmcia.
> I have a 8139 pccard working on my openbsd laptop. But as someone already
> told you, it is supported in -current.

Excellent.

Unfortunately, I don't run -current, I run 3.0, and upgrading appears to
be such a nightmare I'd rather not do it unless I really have to. I
suspect that running a 3.1 kernel on a 3.0 userland would be a recipe
for disaster. How hard would it be to backport the changes to 3.0? Are
there any good 'net resources on this kind of kernel development?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Why should we put ourselves out of our way to
|  dg_(_at_)_cowlark_(_dot_)_com    | serve posterity? For what has posterity ever done
| (dg_(_at_)_tao-group_(_dot_)_com) | for us?" --- Sir Boyle Roche
+- www.cowlark.com --+

[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]