[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ssh protocol version 1 and 2 allowed?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ssh protocol version 1 and 2 allowed?
- From: Hannah Schröter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:13:21 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 02:18:30PM +0000, tedu wrote:
>The real problems with v1 have been corrected, as in deattack.c. The
>remainder are mostly theoretical or very difficult to exploit. However,
>switching to only allowing v2 is fine. You can also set the clients to
>v2 only, so you aren't ever stuck in a situation where you only have a
>v1 client available and can't login.
However, I have the feeling that v2 is slower in the connection setup,
especially over slow links like analog modem dialups.
Visit your host, monkey.org