[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenSSH: What went wrong?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenSSH: What went wrong?
- From: Philipp Buehler <OpenBSD_(_at_)_fips_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:20:35 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Philipp Buehler <OpenBSD_(_at_)_fips_(_dot_)_de>
On 29/06/2002, Darren Reed <avalon_(_at_)_coombs_(_dot_)_anu_(_dot_)_edu_(_dot_)_au> wrote Cc misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:
> > http://www.securitybugware.org/mUNIXes/4323.html
> At the time that was reported, fragrouter had to be modified to
> exploit the problem.
At the time the OpenSSH problem was "reported", an exploit has
yet to been written. Point being?
> That bug got fixed and as part of IPFilter, there's a regression test,
> f13, to make sure it never, accidently, resurfaces.
I am not impressed.
This bug slipped through your maybe existing auditing. Case closed.
As I said, pick your own nose.
No more talk needed.
Philipp Buehler, aka fips | sysfive.com GmbH | BOfH | NUCH | <double-p>
#1: Break the clue barrier!
#2: Already had buzzword confuseritis ?
Visit your host, monkey.org