[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
v3.1 install hangs ...
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: v3.1 install hangs ...
- From: Hena Häkkänen <hena_(_dot_)_hakkanen_(_at_)_kolumbus_(_dot_)_fi>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:13:34 +0300
- Reply-to: hena_(_dot_)_hakkanen_(_at_)_kolumbus_(_dot_)_fi
I'm trying to install v3.1 on a Compaq Professional Workstation 5100 with a P2/300, 120MB of RAM and 3 SCSI disks. Everything goes smoothly until after the time zone selection. I get "Making all device nodes (by running /dev/MAKEDEV all) ..." and then the install just hangs.
I tried enabling the swap instructed in the FAQ but that gave me an error message:
# /mnt/sbin/swapon /dev/wd0b
Swapon: /dev/wd0b: Device not configured.
Unfortunately I don't have dmesg handy at the moment. V3.0 ran beautifully on this machine.
Can anyone help?