v3.1 install hangs ...

Hi all,

I'm trying to install v3.1 on a Compaq Professional Workstation 5100 with a P2/300, 120MB of RAM and 3 SCSI disks. Everything goes smoothly until after the time zone selection. I get "Making all device nodes (by running /dev/MAKEDEV all) ..." and then the install just hangs.

I tried enabling the swap instructed in the FAQ but that gave me an error message:

# /mnt/sbin/swapon /dev/wd0b
Swapon: /dev/wd0b: Device not configured.

Unfortunately I don't have dmesg handy at the moment. V3.0 ran beautifully on this machine.

Can anyone help?

Hena

Visit your host, monkey.org