newbie: where to find the syntax for hostname.ep0

Hello,

during the installaion process I omitted to specify the domainname.
After finishing the install I got a message about using the "short-name" ( I
assume this message was generated by the mailer )
To fix this, I added a the "defaultdomain" and while I was man-page-reading
discovered a File called hostname.ep0 I think i got something to do with
animg th interface does' nt it ? Where can I find additional things to read
?

Kind regards, stefan