Re: Default printer

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 09:10:56PM +0000, Michael Alaimo wrote:
> dmesg| grep lp gives me
> lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
> how do i set lpt0 as my default printing device?
> when i do lpr -P /dev/lpt0 it says unknown device
> and /dev/lpt0 exists

man 5 printcap

> I haven't been successfully able to print either.
> cat filename > /dev/lpt0
> just initializez my printer but nothing is printed

Is your printer capable of printing the file you're sending
it?  Many printers do not print plain text and expect a
command language.

The printing section of the FreeBSD handbook is a good intro
to printing on BSD.  http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/printing.html

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>