Wireless network packet loss...

Hello.

As per my thread last week, I'm trying to set up a
wireless IPSEC tunnel between two OpenBSD 3.1 machines
with LinkSys WMP11 cards.  I followed these
instructions exactly:
http://rt.fm/~jcs/ipsec_wep.phtml

The machines are currently about a foot apart from
each other, but I'm getting a lot of packet loss.  If
I do a constant ping with 1000-byte packets, I only
get responses for about 70% of them.  I disabled both
IPSEC and WEP and nothing changed.

Both of these cards have antennas and are, again, very
close to each other.  Any idea what could be causing
this?

Thanks!

--- 10.10.10.1 ping statistics ---
29 packets transmitted, 21 packets received, 27%
packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/std-dev =
6.788/7.221/7.815/0.259 ms
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com