Is mount_union stable (in 3.1)?

I can not find a note in the man page of mount_union that the
union fs is unstable.

The FAQ (5.2) reads:

> UNION - Includes code for the union file system, which
> permits directories to be mounted on top of each other in
> such a way that both file systems remain visible. This code
> isn't quite stable yet.

Is the union fs stable or not? I crashed a 3.1 today while
umounting a union mount point which was exported via samba...
Maybe that was to much?

I guess there is nothing else which gives you a "copy after write"
(The data is only copied if it is changed)?

Sven

Visit your host, monkey.org