[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is mount_union stable (in 3.1)?
- To: misc_(_at_)_OpenBSD_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Is mount_union stable (in 3.1)?
- From: Sven Kirmess <Sven_(_dot_)_Kirmess_(_at_)_gmx_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 17:32:03 +0200
- Newsgroups: kzone.OpenBSD.misc
- Organization: Kirmess
I can not find a note in the man page of mount_union that the
union fs is unstable.
The FAQ (5.2) reads:
> UNION - Includes code for the union file system, which
> permits directories to be mounted on top of each other in
> such a way that both file systems remain visible. This code
> isn't quite stable yet.
Is the union fs stable or not? I crashed a 3.1 today while
umounting a union mount point which was exported via samba...
Maybe that was to much?
I guess there is nothing else which gives you a "copy after write"
(The data is only copied if it is changed)?
Visit your host, monkey.org