[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: pf compatiblity w/ other unix OS
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: pf compatiblity w/ other unix OS
- From: "MikeM" <MyRaQ_(_at_)_mgm51_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:06:02 -0400
- Reply-to: myraq_(_at_)_mgm51_(_dot_)_com
On 6/4/02 at 2:09 AM Jedi/Sector One wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 07:03:26PM -0400, Christopher Kruslicky
>> > > Random match.
>> > For random security ?
>> That's just rather funny (maybe it's taken out of context, but
> It can be useful to simulate packet loss. So that on a reliable
>link, you can test how your apps and protocols would behave on a
Please don't confuse the purpose of packet filtering and application
testing. If you want a test bed that provides testing with marginal
communications link quality, then that feature should be a part of
your test bed environment, not the OS.
Visit your host, monkey.org