Re: OBSD firewall - Interrupts sky rocketting / malloc: out of space into ddb?

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 03:46:13PM +0530, Jatin Nansi wrote:
> I know I should probably upgrade to 3.1 and pf, but that will take a while
> atleast.

that's definately the best you can do. your machine seems to get hit by a
lot of state-creating packets. thus the slowdown (ipf is slow), thus the
crash - kernel memory exhaustion.
pf has hard limits to prevent kernel memory exhaustion and is dramatically
faster.

--
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html
(Dennis Ritchie)