Re: Samba's protocals (was 3 different OS)

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 03:51:00PM +0800, Laurence Moore wrote:
> Just to add some trivia, wasn't it IBM that created NetBEUI & NetBIOS!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Larry.
YES.
It was never intended to be used in anything but the smallest networks.
You realize that when m$ bought it they did for use in small networks
where NBT being there kludge. Sort if the equivalent of the IPX/SPX of
Novell world that is encapsulated in TCP/IP. That is how I see it anyhow.

Best Regards,
dreamwvr_(_at_)_dreamwvr_(_dot_)_com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#