Re: Samba's protocals (was 3 different OS)

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 03:51:00PM +0800, Laurence Moore wrote:
> Just to add some trivia, wasn't it IBM that created NetBEUI & NetBIOS!
> Cheers,
> Larry.
It was never intended to be used in anything but the smallest networks.
You realize that when m$ bought it they did for use in small networks
where NBT being there kludge. Sort if the equivalent of the IPX/SPX of
Novell world that is encapsulated in TCP/IP. That is how I see it anyhow.

Best Regards,

/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
# Note: To begin Journey type man afterboot,man help,man hier[.]
// "Who's Afraid of Schrodinger's Cat?" /var/(.)?mail/me \?  ;-]

Visit your host, monkey.org