[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MTAs and FFS (was: Re: a good mail server)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: MTAs and FFS (was: Re: a good mail server)
- From: Claus Assmann <ca+OpenBSD_misc_(_at_)_zardoc_(_dot_)_endmail_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 07:51:11 -0700
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sat, Jun 01, 2002, Henning Brauer wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 05:46:38AM +0000, Yuri K wrote:
> > http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/reliability.html#filesystems
> a) this is no qmail issue but a filesystem issue. it's just not documented
> well for other MTAs but affects them all.
Some "other MTAs" have code that can deal with those "filesystem
issue"s (even though the authors don't like to have extra code for
each of these FFS with different semantics).
REQUIRES_DIR_FSYNC Turn on support for file systems that require to
call fsync() for a directory if the meta-data in it has
been changed. This should be turned on at least for
ReiserFS; it is enabled by default for Linux. An alternative
to this compile time flag is to mount the queue directory
without the -async option, or using chattr +S on Linux.
That MTA also has code to deal with softupdates.
Visit your host, monkey.org