Re: Apache upgrade woes - SSL problems (OpenBSD 2.8) (fwd)

Appologies for "top posting", but I wanted to share with
the list a conversation I've been having with Scott (trying
not to clutter the list too much).

For those of you that have upgraded your OpenSSL installs
on OpenBSD, what method have you used?  My main problem is
that I would like to install 0.9.6c, and have it _replace_
the current version installed with OpenBSD.  It doesn't
appear to be a simple undertaking, as OpenSSL and OpenBSD
don't install things in the same places.

Please see below the questions I have posed, and Scott's
answers.  I'd really appreciate it if someone could point
me in the direction of the "correct" way to upgrade
OpenSSL (especially since I would like a version slightly
newer than what is availible via CVS).

Recap:  OpenBSD 2.8-STABLE + Apache 1.3.23 + SSL won't
build, no fix found.

Thanks folks!

Benny