[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: how to restart network without rebooting
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: how to restart network without rebooting
- From: Sebastian Stark <seb_(_at_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:45:57 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Andrew Falanga wrote:
> >sh /etc/netstart
> The syntax for the above command is interesting. While logged in as
> root and current dir was /etc, I did ./netstart and was promptly told I
> didn't have permissions. Evidently, the proper way to run the netstart
> script is with the above command.
That's because /etc/netstart has no executable flag. So you have to feed
it to /bin/sh yourself like with all shell scripts.