Re: Login Authentication Using OpenLDAP.... how? (Heimdal LDAP backend ?)

Hi misc@,

Just to continue the thread about LDAP,
and cause I have a real need of it,
I would like to notice 2 points and ask a question

1)from http://www.openbsd.org/plus.html:
 "Update to heimdal-0.4e. "

2)from http://www.pdc.kth.se/heimdal/heimdal.html
--with-openldap
Compile Heimdal with support for storing the database in LDAP.
Requires OpenLDAP <http://www.openldap.org>.
See <http://www.padl.com/~lukeh/heimdal/> for more information.

Q) Question:
Could it be possible smth like this:
 1. to install the latest snapshot (done)
 2.            openldap port (from the current ports collection +
                              --enable-local) (done)
 3. recompile the heimdal from CVS current --with-openldap=/usr/local
    (if not only the heimdal, the whole obsd :)

 Now my real question:
   How to do (3),
   where should I put this so important for me config option?

10x and with best regards,
qstreb