probably OT hardware issue - adaptec and exabyte

...but it's on an OpenBSD 2.8 stable box, so I guess it could have something to do with the driver.

I'm seeing odd behavior with an Adaptec AHA-2940AU (bios 1.34.2) and an exabyte 8505xl 8mm tape drive .

When I warm boot, the drive is recognized. When I cold boot the drive is not recognized. My hunch is that the drive may be taking to long to 'get with it' so the SCSI times out. Anyone else seen this?

-Mike

Visit your host, monkey.org