Matrox G450 PCI X configuration

Hi,

I am trying to configure X for a Matrox G450 PCI Dual Head card on my system.
I have tried 4.0.3 (default on OBSD3.0) and 4.2.0 (latest from xfree).

I am facing a problem that no matter what I do, X allways shows garbage
on the screen. It shows vertical lines instead of the grey checkered
background. This is also when i configure it only for 1 display.
If I kill X, the screen goes blank, and there is no display. then I have
to shutdown -r now blind to reboot.

I will appreciate any pointers from people who have configured X on this
card.

Thanks

Jatin