Re: XFS from SGI and OpenBSD

On Friday, February 22, 2002, at 12:26 AM, Ted U wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Greg Thomas wrote:

Well, I find your choice of that FAQ section irrelevant which is
probably why the others got into discussions about soft updates.
OpenBSD supports some filesystems, and doesn't support others.  The
point of that FAQ section is to make a general statement that OpenBSD
uses soft updates rather than any flavor of a journalling fileystem.
That section is not the end all, be all of what filesystems OpenBSD can
or can't read from.

It does, however, specifically state that OpenBSD does not use SGI XFS, directly answering the OP's question.

Yes, but using, and being able to mount and read are two entirely different things. With Linux there are several choices for using a filesystem, AFAIK with OpenBSD there is only one choice, FFS. With both Linux and OpenBSD there are obviously many choices for mounting and reading filesystems.

Greg

PS I read the list, only one copy of the message is necessary.