Re: CCD 3.0

Steve thank you for the help but before you try to ASSume what someone
is thinking maybe you should ask. I had ccd up and running before
posting that question and I did use the man pages and the faq. I was
just wondering if there was an error in the faq. Obviously I must have
been looking at the wrong FAQ on OpenbBSD.org maybe that one does not
pertain to OpenBSD3.0. I am just assuming this myself considering the
FAQ you say you read contained nothing about ccd. But I think I have the
right FAQ as how it states this right at the very beginning of it

"This FAQ is maintained with information pertaining to the 3.0 release
of OpenBSD".
Also I do not know where you read there was nothing about ccd here it is
right out of the FAQ

The first option is the use of ccd(4), the Concatenated Disk Driver.
This allows you to join several partitions into one virtual disk (and
thus, you can make several disks look like one disk). This concept is
similar to that of LVM (logical volume management), which is found in
many commercial Unix flavors.

If you are running GENERIC, ccd is already enabled. If not, you may need
to add it to your kernel configuration. To start the setup of ccd, you
need to add support for it in your kernel. A line such as:

pseudo-device   ccd     4       # concatenated disk devices

Now maybe I did not word my question just right, I probably should have
plainly asked was there an error. But I did not do that because I was
not trying to point out mistakes or point fingers at anyone because I
know how great the man pages and FAQ are for OpenBSD. I was trying to
check to see if I screwed something up on my install just sort of a
sanity check type thing.
I am sorry to have disturbed you and I will keep simple minded question
to myself from this point on to try not to get in the way of the experts
like yourself. And I openly apologize to everyone else on the list also.
I do appreciate your advice Steve.

www.digitalrage.org latest in Technical News and HowTo's
www.digitalrage.org/phpBB Discussion Forums