3.0 SCSI install trouble i386

I am attempting to install OBSD all new on new hardware and a good PC.

This is a P3 1ghz and uses an Adaptec 29160 controller.
I have installed a Seagate Cheetah u160 drive as ID0.

The drive works and so does all the hardware. I have zero'd out the drive as
well.

The install finds the correct SCSI card and sd0 drive, but fails as soon as
it detects sd0:

sd0: could not mode sense (4); using fictitious geometry

I cannot get past this point....any advice or suggestions??

THANX in advance!

Jeff