Re: Which smtp daemon for the DMZ? / Two independent smtp daemons.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:20:58AM +0100, Sven Kirmess wrote:
> I would like to use OpenBSD 3.0 as a mail relay in the DMZ which
> forwards mails to an OpenBSD 3.0 internal mailserver. I would like to
> use two different smtp daemons. Which one would/do you use on the DMZ
> and which one on the fileserver?

uuuuuhhhhhh.... this really cries for a flamewar.

options are (basically):

sendmail
exim
qmail
postfix

there first two ones are basicallt monolithic while qmail and postfix are
modular. _I personally_ prefer qmail and treat postfix as good, too, and
don't like sendmail and exim. your mileage mat vary.

--
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html
(Dennis Ritchie)

Visit your host, monkey.org