[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Which smtp daemon for the DMZ? / Two independent smtp daemons.
- To: misc_(_at_)_OpenBSD_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Which smtp daemon for the DMZ? / Two independent smtp daemons.
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:49:48 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_OpenBSD_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:20:58AM +0100, Sven Kirmess wrote:
> I would like to use OpenBSD 3.0 as a mail relay in the DMZ which
> forwards mails to an OpenBSD 3.0 internal mailserver. I would like to
> use two different smtp daemons. Which one would/do you use on the DMZ
> and which one on the fileserver?
uuuuuhhhhhh.... this really cries for a flamewar.
options are (basically):
there first two ones are basicallt monolithic while qmail and postfix are
modular. _I personally_ prefer qmail and treat postfix as good, too, and
don't like sendmail and exim. your mileage mat vary.
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.