Re: recompiled kernel tester?

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, tolls wrote:

> But this then leads me to another question, although it's the
> recommended practice to then rebuild the system, what's the reality?
> Do each and everyone of you rebuild your system binaries after you've
> patched and rebuilt your kernel.  Or do you maybe cheat a little bit
> and wait for a couple of patches to come out and then rebuild
> everything.

Anytime I rebuild my kernel, I rebuild userland. Mostly because I use
things like top and ps, and I hate when they produce screwy results.
That being said, I'm the only user on my (home) machines. On any shared
machine, I would do it, since you don't know who else might need tools
that rely on kernel structures.
| Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org>                2002.02.08/20:49:13 PST |
| Morlock for Hire                                                       |
| "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."  --Hunter S. Thompson |