Re: dyndns.org client for OpenBSD 3.0

I'm successfully using the python script ipcheck
(http://ipcheck.sourceforge.net/) to update my account at dyndns.org. It's
pretty straightforward and easy to implement. I have a script "do_ipcheck"
that contains the following:

# start
/usr/local/bin/ipcheck.py -q -d /etc/ipcheck -i tun0  -w <username>
<password> <domainname>
# end

(with my real username/pw/domainname, of course)
tun0 is a virtual network port created by my PPPoE connection, if you've got
a fixed connection (why are you using dyndns?), you'd use the network
connection of your external card (eth0 or dc0, for instance).

This is called every few minutes from a cron job.

I've also added the script call to ppp.linkup, which is called whenever I
establish a PPPoE connection to the net. Does anyone know if it's even
needed as a cron job? The IP wouldn't change unless the connection were
cycled, right?

FYI - I picked this up from the excellent OpenBSD firewall tutorial at
http://real.ath.cx/BSDinstall.html