[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ifconfig alias with different gateway
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: ifconfig alias with different gateway
- From: "Chris Cameron" <chris_(_at_)_upnix_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: 04 Feb 2002 13:56:52 MST
- Reply-to: "Chris Cameron" <chris_(_at_)_upnix_(_dot_)_com>
I've added ip aliases with ifconfig before, but the problem I'm having now is
the address I want to add is on a different gateway.
Looking though netstart, it looks like /etc/mygate should ever only have 1
gateway in it. Also, looking at the route man page, I'm left a little unclear
about the difference between a default route and any other route. I'd play with
route more, but this server is in colocation, and it's a Monday afternoon.
If someone could point me in the right direction, or let me know how I could
add another IP address that uses a different gateway than the main IP, I'd