ifconfig alias with different gateway

I've added ip aliases with ifconfig before, but the problem I'm having now is
the address I want to add is on a different gateway.

Looking though netstart, it looks like /etc/mygate should ever only have 1
gateway in it. Also, looking at the route man page, I'm left a little unclear
about the difference between a default route and any other route. I'd play with
route more, but this server is in colocation, and it's a Monday afternoon.

If someone could point me in the right direction, or let me know how I could
add another IP address that uses a different gateway than the main IP, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

Visit your host, monkey.org