From: owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org]On Behalf Of
Jochem van Dieten
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 10:29 AM
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: fdisk: secret anti-MS code?

Hi all,

I have an old disk (Seagate 6.4 GB, IDE, nothing special) which I
thought I could devote to OBSD. So I installed 3.0 and all was fine. But
now I need to use it to test some stuff under Windows. So I tried to
install some version of it and the install always bombs. Trying to
install Windows 2000 results in the BSOD during the install procedure,
Windows NT4 terminates gracefully with the notice that it can't create
the \winnt\ directory and Windows 98 runs fdisk just fine but can't
format the partitions.
BIOS recognizes the size/geometry of the disk correctly, as does the
Windows 98 fdisk, but not the Windows NT4 installer.

After playing with all these and rewriting the MBR a few times
installing OBSD is still as painless as it always was.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get a MS recognised
filesystem on that disk?

TIA,
Jochem

Visit your host, monkey.org