Re: Wireless network

Quoting <"W.D.McKinney" <deem_(_at_)_wdm_(_dot_)_com>> on <Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 06:18:59PM -0900>:
> I found the Linksys equip. to be a pile of junk. I went with
> an Aironet 340 Base and Aironet 340 PCMCIA and it works excellent.
> Not that much more expensive either.

I'll just say for the record that I've had no problems *whatsoever* with the
Linksys stuff. Whole house coverage with no problems. I like that the
antennae are detachable and replaceable with something more useful. Remember
that these Linksys units are at the lower end of the cost spectrum
(depending on where you get it), and that you get what you pay for. All I am
saying is that my expectation were not all that great, so I am happy with
what it offers me. (I also use the low-end Linsys PCMCIA card).

--j

--
"He's just a politician trying to save both his faces ..."

Visit your host, monkey.org