Wireless network

I'm planning a small, wireless network and just wanted to make sure I
understand the basic components I'll need and how they work together.
What I think it should look like:

DSL modem<->OpenBSD router/firewall<->Access Point~~Wireless Laptops

...where "<->" represents ethernet cable and "~~" is a wireless
connection.  Based on what I've read the AP acts like a hub, so the
laptops' gateway would be the IP on the "right" side of the router in
the diagram above.  Am I on the right track?  Also, I'd be much obliged
if anyone could pass along a link(s) to something like "wireless
networks for beginners/newbies" that describes the hardware issues.

TIA and Happy New Year.
-Ben
--
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Visit your host, monkey.org