Burning CD's

I am running 3.0 OpenBSD-current (Nov 13) on a Dell Latitude C800. I
have tried multiple times to burn CD's using my adaptec 1460D PCMCIA
card and my 2x2x6 CDRW with this laptop and have never had a
successful burn. With the same burner and PCMCIA card attached to a
Fujitsu Lifebook (2 year old model) running FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE it
cranks out the CD's without errors.

Is there some quirk or special magic software combination or something
to have OpenBSD burn CD's?

Software chosen for both laptops was gcombust (latest version)

TIA

Ron Rosson                                    ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                                        rm -rf *
insane_(_at_)_oneinsane_(_dot_)_net                        and all was /dev/null and *void()