Re: updated ISOs?

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Han wrote:

> Theo de Raadt (deraadt_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org) wrote:
> >> I had a quick question regarding OpenBSD's ISO images that you can
> >> buy.  Do the folks who maintain them update the CD's with the
> >> maintenance patches on a regular basis?  For example Solaris 8 has
> >> a 7/01 release and a 10/01 release with some new features
> >> (load-balancing on ethernet cards etc...).
>
> > No.  Since we do not make tons of money on our CDs, we cannot make
> > re-releases of them with patches included.
>
> Are the install.tgz on the ftp-mirrors patched?

No.

The way I see it after each release, there is base, patch, and current.

Base can be obtained via CD, ftp, and CVS.
Patch can be obtained via CVS (applying individual patches to base does
not always equal following the patch branch), not via ftp nor CD.
Current can be obtained via ftp when snapshots are available and via CVS,
not via CD.

There are more ways to acquire the branches but the above are my
methods.  And for those who are more knowledgable please straighten me out
on any errors above.

Greg

Visit your host, monkey.org