More Install Troubles

All right, I'm narrowing the issue down....

For those of you that care...I have a box that was happily running OBSD 2.7 for almost a year and a half. A week or so ago I took it down to install 3.0. I decided to start clean and do a complete reinstall including repartitioning, etc. Well the 3.0 install fails when ftping the install files (never gets past the first one, base30.tgz) with an error of: "/mnt full" "panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc" and reboots.

Since I can successfully install 2.7 and 2.8 and not 2.9 and 3.0 I conclude that something must have changed on the install floppy between 2.8 and 2.9.

Does anyone have any ideas on this issue?

What can I provide to help troubleshoot and hopefully resolve this issue? Obviously a dmesg, but do you need one from 3.0 or will one from 2.8 do? I don't know how I'd get one for this box from 2.9 or 3.0 since I can't get either one installed....

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Rodney Hopkins
rhopkins_(_at_)_sunflower_(_dot_)_com