Re: Sendmail refuses remote connections

> When I telnet to localhost port 25, I can send SMTP commands to
>sendmail -- all seems well.

Yes, that's exactly how it is supposed to be.

> But when I try to connect to port 25 from another machine, the
> connection is refused. Is sendmail configured by default to refuse
> remote connections? Where can I change this?

Change the starting line on rc.conf to use /etc/mail/sendmail.cf instead of /etc/mail/localhost.cf. localhost.cf is the default configuration and it does NOT permit connections from anything other than, uhm, localhost (duh).

Lars Hansson

Visit your host, monkey.org