Re: encrypted file systems

> there was a thread around aug 2001 which explained how to create encrypted
> filesystems.
>
> see -k option in vnconfig(8)

Encrypted vnd is not a satisfactory way to do this.  It doesn't give a
warning if you have specified the wrong password,  Basically, it is
not a production quality thing.  It would be much much better to have
crypto as an option within the regular FS.  TCFS is also a good idea;
perhaps it could be fixed and made production quality?  How can
non-programmers help on these kinds of things?  I would like to
contribute to my favorite OS but I don't think people would be happy
to see my C code in there.

Visit your host, monkey.org