Re: SUDO=sudo: root is not in sudoers file

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 01:59:43PM -0700, Peter Valchev wrote:
> >     alex alex = NOPASSWD: /sbin/halt -p, /usr/bin/make install
> >
> wrong, just run make install.
> or don't set SUDO=sudo in /etc/mk.conf
> this results in 'sudo sudo make install', hence the error message.

Aah, thanks. But it still doesn't work:

    alex:alex {31} cd /usr/ports/shells/tcsh
    alex:tcsh {32} env FLAVOR=static  make install
    ===>  Faking installation for tcsh-6.10.00-static

    We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
    Administrator. It usually boils down to these two things:

	    #1) Respect the privacy of others.
	    #2) Think before you type.

    Password:
    Sorry, user alex is not allowed to execute '/bin/sh -c umask' as root on alex.
    Error: your umask is "022".
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/ports/shells/tcsh (line 1707 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).

Is SUDO=sudo a "nicety" for the ports which isn't supposed to
always work or is there a set of commands which I should put
into my /etc/sudoers?