Re: If you're interested in seeing USB 2.0 support....

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:30:41 +0100 (CET)
Dries Schellekens <gwyllion_(_at_)_ace_(_dot_)_ulyssis_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> Are there plans to support IEEE 1394 (Firewire, iLink, ...)?
> In combination with raidframe you can build yourself a nice cheap massive
> storage system.
> I haven't seen USB 2.0 HDs, but my father has a Matrox 80 Gb firewire HD
> attached to his B/W G3 and it's pretty fast.

And 1394 is here to stay because it doesn't rely on CPU power, let alone
its long established stability and wide applications.  Professionals
prefer 1394 to any USB for the same reason they prefer OpenBSD to other
CPU power-hungry OSes, given similar throughput.  I think USB is a
design, as Windoze upgrade, to trick people into chasing after most
expensive new CPUs. However, for the same reason of OBSD project
resource limitation, we'd use 1394 on FreeBSD first.  Here is a link:
http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~clover/ieee1394/

Visit your host, monkey.org