Re: SONY CRX160E IDE burner

Drew Raines wrote:

> Anybody got one of these to work?  cdrecord doesn't seem to recognize it,
> though it likes my NEC CDROM through a similar atapiscsi setup.

The -inq switch apparently requires a disk in the drive.  I was expecting
it to report the drive info a la -scanbus, which cares not about loaded
media.  I happened to have a disc in the NEC drive when I was experimenting
before, hence my erroneous assumption.  User error.

   root_(_at_)_morris ( ~ )$ cdrecord dev=/dev/cd1c -inq
   Cdrecord 1.9 (i386-unknown-openbsd3.0) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
   scsidev: '/dev/cd1c'
   devname: '/dev/cd1c'
   scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
   Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
   Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
   Version        : 0
   Response Format: 1
   Vendor_info    : 'SONY    '
   Identifikation : 'CD-RW  CRX160E  '
   Revision       : '1.0g'
   Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.

> [...] I'm really starting to dislike Dell.

This still isn't resolved, though.  :-)

--
Drew