[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SONY CRX160E IDE burner
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: SONY CRX160E IDE burner
- From: Drew Raines <drew-dated-1008780379_(_dot_)_8779a7_(_at_)_phg_(_dot_)_mc_(_dot_)_vanderbilt_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:46:18 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Drew Raines wrote:
> Anybody got one of these to work? cdrecord doesn't seem to recognize it,
> though it likes my NEC CDROM through a similar atapiscsi setup.
The -inq switch apparently requires a disk in the drive. I was expecting
it to report the drive info a la -scanbus, which cares not about loaded
media. I happened to have a disc in the NEC drive when I was experimenting
before, hence my erroneous assumption. User error.
root_(_at_)_morris ( ~ )$ cdrecord dev=/dev/cd1c -inq
Cdrecord 1.9 (i386-unknown-openbsd3.0) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info : 'SONY '
Identifikation : 'CD-RW CRX160E '
Revision : '1.0g'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
> [...] I'm really starting to dislike Dell.
This still isn't resolved, though. :-)