/dev/random java trouble

Hi!

When trying to use mindterm from the ports-collection  (a JAVA-based
ssh-client for X) which worked fine under OpenBSD2.9 i got this
errror-message:

$ uname -a
OpenBSD chef 3.0 CHEF#0 i386
$ /usr/local/jdk1.3.1-linux/bin/java -classpath\
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1-linux/lib/classes.zip:mindtermfull.jar\
mindbright.application.MindTerm
java.lang.Error: Error in RandomSeed, while reading /dev/random
        at fp.yu(JAX)
        at fp.yt(JAX)
        at fp.ys(JAX)
        at fp.yq(JAX)
        at fd.ww(JAX)
        at ep.ur(JAX)
        at ep.run(JAX)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Thank you for using MindTerm...
$

This happends both with jdk1.1.8 and 1.3.1. I tried it with a version of
mindterm not from ports with the same results (The error-messages is a little
different but also complains about /dev/random). As far as i can see,
/dev/random was worked over between 2.9 and 3.0.(/usr/src/sys/dev/rnd.c).
So I guess the linux or freebsd-emulation may be partly broken. But I'm not
sure, maybe its something else so I post it here.
Maybe this happened to someone else too. Should I try blackdown?
Any suggestions?
If you need additional info, tell me, i will post it here.
Regards
Leopold