Re: strange processes + randowm reboots!

Hi All:

   OpenBSD, Linux and other unix type OS's seem to be far more
sensitive to Bad Ram than Windows. Perhaps this is because they
actually USE the memory.

I can't count the times that i've rejected Ram or hardware that would
run Windows in building a BSD or Linux Box. Bad ram must always be
suspected when there are odd unexplainable problems.

Running windows on a stick of RAM does NOT mean the ram is good.

                           Marina Brown

------------------------------------

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001, Jedi/Sector One wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 11:34:36PM +0100, Sentient Organism wrote:
> > |   We've a machine running OBSD 2.7 which does random reboots!
> > I saw that on 2.7 on one machine. There was a mention of a kernel
> > patch, but it's all a bit dim now.
>
>   Check the memory first.
>
>   Memtest86 is an excellent test : http://www.teresaudio.com/memtest86/
>
>   I experienced a similar behavior on an OpenBSD 3.0 and FreeBSD 4.4 box,
> because of bad RAM (although the RAM worked flawlessly before) .
>
>   Best regards,
>
>              -Frank.
                     It's All About Oil !

"28.October 10, 2001 ­ The Pakistani newspaper The Frontier
Post reports that U.S. Ambassador Wendy Chamberlain has paid
a call on the Pakistani oil minister. A previously abandoned
Unocal pipeline from Turkmenistan, across Afghanistan, to the
Pakistani coast, for the purpose of selling oil and gas to China,
is now back on the table "in view of recent geopolitical
developments"

As reported at www.globalresearch.ca