Re: Redundancy with OpenBSD

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 01:11:47PM -0600, Nicholas D. Buraglio -List account wrote:
> I'm looking at doing some kind of High Availability server setup for a
> buisness.  They have suggested using Debian with a "heartbeat"
> application that will switch over in case of a server failure.  they've
> had some security issues with Debian in the past and I personally don't
> know it.  I'd like to suggest some kind of OpenBSD solution.  Can anyone
> give me a suggestion on a good way to do this in OpenBSD?

I used to work on a "heartbeat application" called heartbeat (in fact, I
believe some of my code is still there) and I wouldn't know any reason why
it should not compile on OpenBSD, maybe with minor changes. why not give it
a try? the URL should still be http://www.linux-ha.org

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom_(_at_)_lemuria_(_dot_)_org>

Visit your host, monkey.org