Re: Redundancy with OpenBSD

Make sure hardware doesn't fail FIRST THING in providing software
solutions.  No OS can run well on crapy hardware and dont damage OpenBSD
image on hardware.  People are likely to attribute hardware failure to
software failure. (OK except M$ software, which usually works the other
way around.  LoL!)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:11:47 -0600
"Nicholas D. Buraglio -List account" <list_(_at_)_buraglio_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> I'm looking at doing some kind of High Availability server setup for a
> buisness.  They have suggested using Debian with a "heartbeat"
> application that will switch over in case of a server failure.  they've
> had some security issues with Debian in the past and I personally don't
> know it.  I'd like to suggest some kind of OpenBSD solution.  Can anyone
> give me a suggestion on a good way to do this in OpenBSD?
>
> Nicholas D. Buraglio

Visit your host, monkey.org