Re: Master and Slave DNS Server

I have in the past ran a primary on an old 133amd with 64mb of ram with a secondary made from a salvaged sparc2 running 25 different domain names and not a single glitch or slow down, right now I have 147 domain names on a PII 400 with 128mb of ram pumping out 200Kbps all day and the uptime is 243 days with out incident or problem (my caching server is a P200 pro running dnscache), so I would say you should be fine forever and then some with your planned config, but hey if you have the bread why not. Overkill is good in most cases!!

EC