Re: apache web server

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, risa wrote:

> i have an openbsd 2.9 with pppoe, ipnat and ipf for the client network.
>
> now i tried to install apache httpd and from "inside" it is reachable
> but from "rest of the world" i can only ping the server - no ssh and
> especially no apache.
>
> is there a problem with ipf?

You need to provide more information. What does ipf.rules look like?
>From an outside host, if you `telnet server.example.com 80` (where
it's your outside IP you're trying to connect to), what do you get?
A timeout? Connection refused? What does /var/log/ipflog say?

Saying "it doesn't work, is something broken" isn't going to get you
a detailed analysis.
| Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org>                2001.10.29/14:02:05 PST |
| Morlock for Hire                                                       |
| I have no sense of decency. That way my other senses are enhanced.     |
|                                                 --found in a wav file  |