Serial Redirection

I've got a really off-the-wall situation here that it would be nice to find out more about. Basically, I've got an old Mac IIsi I'm trying to install 2.9 on. Sadly, it has no monitor, so even getting started is going to be tough.

What I'm trying to figure out is if I can get video output through a serial port, without buying a serial display. Specifically, is it possible to connect the serial port from this Mac to another box with a monitor, and see the output from the Mac there?

I know this should probably be on mac68k@, but that list is dead as far as I can tell (i.e. no replies to any messages since 10/13, very little traffic period).

Thanks,
Alex Kirk