Re: Old hardware

On 25 Oct 2001 at 19:13, Russell P. Sutherland wrote:

> I've been given an old server to revive:
>
> 	HP NetServer LC II
> 	PII266
>
> It's got the onboard Adaptec AIC 8770P SCSI controller.
>
> Problem is that this controller does not seem to be noticed/detected
> by the boot B floppy.
>
> FreeBSD 4.4, booted from the distribution CD-ROM has no
> problem seeing the SCSI controller and hence the disks.
>
> Is there any way to install OpenBSD on these old war horses?

Have you tried an FTP install?

Angus Scott-Fleming              GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona
angussf_(_at_)_geoapps_(_dot_)_com   1-520-290-5038 / fax 1-208-248-3124

  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a
   little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety."
       - Benjamin Franklin