[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Backspace in XF4 on i386
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Backspace in XF4 on i386
- From: Morten Liebach <morten_(_at_)_hotpost_(_dot_)_dk>
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:02:46 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: Morten Liebach <morten_(_at_)_hotpost_(_dot_)_dk>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organisatioon: Un-organized
On 15, Oct, 2001 at 10:43:27AM +0200, Markus Hennecke wrote:
> I am having some Problems getting the Backspace Key to work properly in
> a xterm. While it is working normal (removing the character to the left
> of the cursor and moving the cursor left) within the prompt from ksh it
> will generate '^?' if the shell is csh. This behaviour is also seen in
> some programs started from ksh inside a xterm. For example these are
> vi(m), ppp in interactive mode or the password prompt from su or sudo.
> With pine and pico it is working without a problem. On the normal text
> terminal from OpenBSD all this things work as expected from me and so I
> think the error must be in X.
I have seen the same. The cure: Install/recompile ports/x11/xterm with
your X-version and backspace works!
At least for me.
Hope this helps
Morten Liebach <morten_(_at_)_hotpost_(_dot_)_dk>
https://pc89225.stofanet.dk/ || http://pc89225.stofanet.dk/