Re: Large disks

My understanding is that is a limitation of BIOS on the computer in
question.  Other than BIOS updates (which IMHO are dicey) how would we
do that? (for arch's with that problem)

(and depending on the BIOS, the limit can be 504Meg, 2Gig or 8Gig.)

--- Nick Holland <nick_(_at_)_holland-consulting_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
/snip/
> You still can't boot a partition that starts after 8G or that has
> /bsd
> physically outside the 8G point.  Good people are working on removing
> this "limitation", however -- it is a goal.  Won't be in 3.0, though.
/snip/

=====
Peter Hessler
<yodadoa_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com>