Re: PAM on OpenBSD

Generic Player wrote:

> > MySQL gets a loot of words, but as I see it on most technical grounds
> > PostgreSQL is better, soon MySQL might get some of the stuffe that
> > PostgreSQL has hade for a long time... But MySQL should do the work.
> >

> Why do people have to regurgitate crap they heard somewhere, regardless
> of wether or not they even understand it, much less wether or not its
> true?  Mysql is a significantly better choice over postgres for this
> application.  Not only will it perform much better, but you won't have
> to worry about corrupt indexes, or having to vaccuum the database all
> the time.

You quite obviously don't have real-world experience with the two.

MySQL doesn't have the stability that PG does.  I know this from
real-world usage.  Plus it is slower than PG under heavy load; slower
for doing updates or writes to the data; and has less functionality in
terms of the SQL language (doesn't have subselects, transactions, etc.).

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick_(_at_)_zill_(_dot_)_net

Visit your host, monkey.org