Re: Linux/BSD

Jordan Klein wrote:

> One of the first things I did after installing OpenBSD 2.9 is to build the
> bash-2.05-static package and set root's shell to /bin/bash (I copied it from
> /usr/local/bin).  The, of course, added /bin/bash to /etc/shells.  I've
> never had any problems or any startup issues by having root use bash instead
> of csh.

I think you shouldn't change your root shell because there is no need to ever
log in as root (well, there might be if you mess up your configuration). Just
use sudo -s and the shell you are using now should be carried over as a root
shell.
No need to change the root's shell in something that can open sockets *shiver*

// nick